James is maintaining. They are preparing to replace a multi-port IV connection and relocate it. The existing port was found to have infection growing on/in it. Hopefully, that will help them with the irradiation of the infection in his blood.
We got some additional information this afternoon that I view as positive. When they replaced the blood tube connections and the ECMO machine, early this morning, they have used their own preferred connections and tubes for the replacement. The previous were put in while he was at Riverside Hospital. OSU Medical Center has much more experience with the ECMO treatment, and feel the equipment could operate better with their connections/configuration.
Further, tonight James has one of my two favorite nurses. Her name is Laurie and she is extremely knowledgeable and provides you with thorough information. She is also very experienced in these cases, and can be positively assertive with the doctors when she shares other things that have worked in similar cases she has worked.
As I am sure you can tell by my post... we are looking for anything positive, no matter how small. James is critically ill and as we have seen during this illness, things can change quickly. Regretfully, on the overall perspective, he has not improved materially.
With my brother maintaining currently, my sister and I are going to travel back to Marietta for a nights rest.
Keep the well wishes, good thoughts and prayers coming.
Dave, travel safely and rest when you get home. We will continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteGary & Lisa Oliver
(The boys said a prayer earlier too. :) )
As Gary said, safe travel and good rest. You and your family need to stay healthy for Jimmy. We are all continuing to pray. You and your family are in our thoughts continually. God bless. Thank you so much for the updates!
ReplyDeleteWe love U,
The George's
Thanks for the updates Dave. That's certainly good news. OSU Medical Center is awesome. He is in good hands!!!
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with all of you. I had Barb in youth group at church. Please tell her I am thinking of her and all of you.
ReplyDeleteDavid,
ReplyDeleteThank-you so much for keeping us updated on James. Mark stopped by tonight and gave me this blog that you are doing. James and your entire family will be in our prayers and thoughts. God bless you !!!
I'm sorry David, I am Anonymous said .....
ReplyDeletePS: I am not computer savy.
Debbie (Johns) Jones
Marietta
Praying for you. I am at osu too. The care is amazing. If you need anything my daughter is in the nicu on 6th floor. I am usually there all afternoon and evening.
ReplyDeleteDawn Spurr
My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and all of you.
ReplyDeleteLena, Jim's coworker
Jim
ReplyDeleteHe is in our Prayers and Thoughts and hope all goes well!!!
Sandy Wheatley Rollison
Prayers to Jim and his family
ReplyDeleteLots of prayers continuing to come your way....
ReplyDeletePraying and "BELIEVING" Jim WILL SOON be well!!!!
ReplyDeleteSending hug-filled prayers!!!!