Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Sunday, February 13, 2011

2/13 Sunday... A Day Of Thanks... [SEE REQUEST FOR COMMENTS]

I find it appropriate to start today with a big THANK YOU to all of Jim's loving family and friends who have shown such kind and caring concern during his sudden illness. I will continue to keep you informed of his condition with postings to this blog.

**********
REQUEST:
For all of today (Sunday, February 13th) I would like visitors to click on the "comment" link (in blue) near the bottom of this posting and enter your name along with how you know my brother Jim in the comment field (family, friend or friend of the family). You are all so very dear to our hearts as together we hope and pray for his recovery.

[It is fine to select anonymous from the "comment as" drop down field, just as long as you enter your name and relation in the actual comment field.]
**********

Thank You & God Bless You.

39 comments:

  1. Sending positive, healing thoughts to you JimTenney!!... and, as always, keeping you constantly in my prayers.
    To you, DaveTenney, and to your family, I pray that God will keep you close during this difficult time. May He surround you with his love and hold you tenderly in the palm of His hand.
    I have known Jim for many years from Krogers, and got to know him even better through his brother Dave when I was fortunate enough to sing with him for awhile.
    Thank you for writing and keeping us all updated.
    Love to you all.
    Judy Wurtzbacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie Hoffman friend of family through church; thanks for keeping us updated at this particularly difficult time for the whole family as we continue to pray for your brother and your dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us updated on James. He is so blessed to have siblings like you, Barbie, and Mark. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Keep the faith. With much love, Cousin Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousin Chad, Raquel and the girls. We are praying for James and know that the Great Physician can heal all. God Bless in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will continue to pray for James. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Please continue to keep us informed of his progress. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance. Jill Corathers Kelley, Greg, Dakota, and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for you, James. I've put the word out for prayers through my friends. Looking to positive thoughts and hope to talk to you very soon! We love you. Cousins Martha & Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. James has a great group of supporters, friends, and family. Love to you all,
    Debbie & Allen Parsons

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will continue to pray for James. We thank you for the updates on his progress. Please know that we also pray for the family. Looking forward to James having a full recovery!!

    All our Love,

    Roy,Carolyn,Blair, and Taylor
    Cousins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Thoughts and prayers are with you jim and all his family.Hope to see and talk to you soon. Jon Bradford and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. We know Jimmy through the blessing of having David in our family. We are praying for Jimmy every day and also for his wonderful family who needs the strength that only God can give. Love & Blessings to all. John & Millie Spence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your prayers and support for Uncle Jimmy. I can't wait to get the call that he is waking and to rush over to Columbus to see him.

    Mark Tenney II
    Nephew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our thoughts and prayers are with James. We had several people at church ask about him this morning so there are many praying for him. We are also praying for Aunt Leverne, Uncle Elvin, and the entire family. Thank you so much David for keeping us up to date. We hope to see you all next weekend. Susan (cousin), Terry, Tara & Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have the privilage knowing Jimmy through his brother, David, our brother in law. We always enjoy having Thanksgiving dinner with him & celebrating the kids birthdays together. He is always very entertaining!!!! Jimmy & the entire Tenney family is in our thoughts & prayers. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. John 14:14. We are looking forward to the next family function with James making us laugh & smile! Jill & Bryan Spindler

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeff & Brandy GeorgeFebruary 13, 2011 at 2:10 PM

    May God give Jim the strength he needs to pull through this tragedy. Brandy,Spencer and myself are all praying for you Jim and your speedy recovery! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  15. James...What can I say? I have never prayed so much or so hard for anyone or anything. Myself and all the girls that I work with stopped what we were doing the other day, held hands and prayed for your speedy recovery. Keep fighting! I love you and the entire family.

    Kristi Tenney Goff, Jim, Gage and Garrett
    Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy through David and Stephanie.. I am keeping Jimmy in my thoughts and prayers.. As well as the whole Tenney Family... May you find strength and comfort in eachother throughout this struggle.
    Toni Bobak

    ReplyDelete
  17. Steve Freed - Friend of the Family.
    Get well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went to high school with David and met Jimmy through mutual friends. I haven't seen Jimmy since the "Big Hair Band" days and it is so sad to hear about his condition. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery so you all can see his smiling face. Sending strength to his family during this time.
    Laurel Manno Keller

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dave I don't know your brother but at times like this it certainly doesn't hurt to have prayers from anyone and everyone! I am saddened to hear about this but so thankful your brother seems to be in the best hands he can be. We can all only wish that we have such loving friends and family if we were in the same situation.

    Jenny Meagle Coldiron

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many thoughts and prayers going out to the whole family. Hang in there Jim and keep up the fight to get better.
    Ian Decker

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dave Adams - Friend

    You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    David, please let me know if there is anything you or your family needs or that I can do. I am always here for you brother

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our thoughts and prayers are with you James. We are also praying for Uncle Elvin, Aunt Leverne & the whole family. We love all of you.

    Patricia (cousin) & Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are praying for healing graces for James. Our little congregation is praying for him daily.

    Uncle Bill & Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dave-Keeping your brother and your family in our thoughts and prayers! Melinda Crone & Family

    ReplyDelete
  25. Prayers for Jim and the entire family.


    Craig Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dave, my parents want you to know they are praying for Jim as well. My mother really loves Jimmy and always thought so much of him. They can't post so I'm posting for them. We love you guys and we are praying for you!

    Gary Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  27. Praying for healing and a speedy recovery. God can definitely work a miracle.

    I worked with Jim many years ago at Kroger. We definitely have shared a great many laughs over the years.

    Matt Joy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your family members have been friends of my father for as long as I can remember. Lifting Jim and the entire family in prayer. Praying for healing but also praying that you can all be comforted by the Peace that Passes all Understanding right now and throughout this recovery process.

    Jessica (Laing) Schwendeman

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have known Jim for about 20 or 25 years now, back to the days when we would travel around to the clubs to hear our friends who played in bands at the time. Jim always seemed too bring a smile to those around him. Our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are with Jim and the entire family.

    The Moldens,
    George, Connie, Anthony, and Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am Dave Laing's sister-in-law (Ann' sister). I'm lifting up Jim for healing and his family and friends for peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dave

    Many prayers and thoughts for Jim and your family. I worked with Jim at Krogers for 4 years and went to many baseball games with him. Shared lots of fun times with Jim. God Bless!

    Matt Piatt

    ReplyDelete
  32. I grew up on Harmar Hill living down the street from the Tenney family. I have never met a more friendly, happy go lucky person as Jim. His smile can light up a room and no matter where you are, if you run into Jim he always takes the time to talk. I pray the Lord will guide the hands and minds of those taking care of Jim and heal him during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    Pam Wallis Brooker

    ReplyDelete
  33. I only know Jim from seeing him at Krogers when I shopped. He always spoke and had a smile that would light up the room. He is one of those people who just make your day brighter by saying hello. My prayers go out to Jim and the Tenney family. May God's healing graces work their magic. God bless you Jim, Recover very soon. Thank you for keeping us all updated. God Bless. Jeannie McAlarney

    ReplyDelete
  34. I did not know Jim, but went to High School with Dave. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. God Bless!
    Lora Offenberger and family

    ReplyDelete
  35. I first met Jim when he was a student at WSCC. I quickly found out that he and my husband were buds from Harmar Hill. Now I have monthly meetings with Jim at Krogers. Jim is so nice and friendly, just a wonderful person. He would do anything for anyone. I pray that the Lord will heal Jim and give peace to his family. Thank you for posting this blog! Becki, Brian and Brandon Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  36. Prayers are with you Jim, and your family!!

    Jacinda & Kevin Carr, Avery, Dalton & Kody

    ReplyDelete
  37. my name is melissa mackey i am a cashier at marietta kroger so i have worked with jim for almost 4 years he is a great guy if you are feeling down he always made you enjoy your day.
    hope to see you get better we all at kroger are so ready for you to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have know Jimbo for many years, and will always remain best of friends.I have never prayed so hard for anything in my life, and my family and I will continue to do so.I can do all thing is Christ who strengthens me.God Bless..Sherry Shively

    ReplyDelete
  39. I had just recently heard the news, how sorry i am so you will notice my comments are different days but have been reading since day 1. I dated Jim for awhile My mother Sandra Leasure (whom had passed) set us up, she thought so much of Jim and I learned quickly why. He is the sweetest guy i have known and after all these years he continues to make me smile everytime I have the pleasure of seeing him. Prayers are with Jim and his wonderful family I had the pleasure of meeting. In my thoughts everyday.
    Lisa and her son Corey (leasure-miller)

    ReplyDelete