Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Sunday, March 6, 2011

3/6 Sunday

James has made some more small progress.

Today they put in a smaller trach tube. Now James is able to cover the tube with his finger, which gives him the ability to talk. Also, he is continuing to receive some basic physical therapy, and he ate some more solid (albeit minced) food.

I wish there was a lot more to report, but at least things continue to improve for James.

This entire ordeal has been emotionally overwhelming and at times seemed insurmountable. However, your support, positive thoughts and prayers have helped us tremendously.

Thank you.

*** Since James can now talk, communication is much easier. With the recent progress he has made, he can start to have a few more visitors for short periods of time. He is still at the Ross Heart Hospital of the OSU Medical Center, Room 4006. I will keep you advised on his potential future move to the rehab hospital in Zanesville. ***

P.S. - Since things have been so powerfully emotional, I felt it best to not share the blog yet with James. He doesn't yet fully understand what has happened.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go big brother!! I am now back in California but will be there to see you over Spring Break. I love you!
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very positive thoughts and prayers your way. I love you James! Your cousin Kristi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria

    Jimmy's mom and me are headed for Columbus at 2:15 Monday. Hopefully he will have had his MRI and good news will be given us. Love and prayers to you Jimmy my love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim good to hear about your progress, Keep it going!Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Dave Wharton

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure when the time is right he will thank you for documenting this difficult illness and appreciate all your efforts.

    So happy to hear that he is continuing to make progress. Our church family contines to pray for him.

    Julie Williams

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey James! out there walking around, checking out the ladies and then there's the PIZZA... sounds so very fab to me. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so much better... keep on healing up. get back on yer feet and plug in the old electric. time for some rockin' and rollin'.

    David and family. this is so great to hear. dave, thanks for keeping us so up to date. i'm very very glad james is making such good progress. i am looking forward to seeing him around town!

    best wishes from kim and I.

    Dave Cisler

    ReplyDelete