Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/10 Thursday

To quote Jimmy's nurse from just a few minutes ago: "James is having a fantastic day!"

This morning they put him in a wheelchair and showed him around the critical care unit he has been in.  They also showed him another patient that is on the ECMO machine and in the same condition he had been in.  Now he has a full appreciation of where he is today.

This afternoon he did some physical therapy.  With assistance of a walker, he was able to walk 25 feet!  This made Jimmy extremely happy.

Later someone from speech therapy is coming to visit James.  They hope that after their assessment, he will be able to advance to more solid foods to eat.

Weather permitting he should be able to go outside in a wheelchair.

Arrangements have been made for James to stay at OSU and be moved to Dodd Hall for rehab.  He should be moved in the next few days.  That is when the next hard work will begin.

Thank you all for all of your support.

11 comments:

  1. This is just great News!! Wishing the best for you Jim. Still thinking of you everyday!! Get Well. You are missed and loved, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheese Man, was in Krogers today and thought of you the whole time, said a prayer while I was there and I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the daily updates. I've been following along and cheering for you all. Tell Jim there's no one looking in my cart at my unhealthy food choices since he's been gone! Give him a thumbs-up from me.
    Caroline Beidler

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read about all of of Jim's progress. He is a strong man that will overcome this and beat it with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would expect nothing less of my big brother!! I am so proud of you James!! Keep up the good work and fight every step of the way. We all love you. A lot of prayers and hard work will get you better than ever!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a long fight Jim but you are on the mend now. Cant wait to see you back in Krogers. God be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such good news I hope and pray god will continue to let u have a full recovery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy called me last night it was so great to hear his voice on the other end of that phone. He is so proud of himself for walking yesterday and so am I. God bless you Jim Tenney. I will be there in a few hours can't wait. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I know Pizza is not too far off for James!!Keep up the great progress--We are all praying for you down here in Georgia!

    Carolyn,Roy,Blair,and Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me smile from ear to ear!!!!! I know that you are working hard each day and I am rejoicing WITH you for each accomplishment... GO JimTenney!!
    Judy Wurtzbacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Jim you will be chasing the nurses more than 25 feet really soon I am sure of that!
    Jim Keep pushing through the pain and keep getting better and better!

    Dave Wharton

    ReplyDelete