Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/8 Tuesday

Conversation... that is the word of the day.

James and I have had great conversation today. A special valve has been placed in his trach tube, which allows him to speak. He is alert and aware of things. We have talked about what has happened to him, how he got to OSU Medical Center in Columbus, and most importantly.... Pizza! Yes, Jimmy wants pizza and he wants it now. I told him I am working on that request, but could not get permission for it, just yet.

Stephanie & I have had some good meetings with staff here at the hospital today. After discussion with the medical staff, James and family... I am pleased to announce he will be staying here at OSU and entering their rehab program at Dodd Hall. It is anticipated that he would be moved to that building and begin rehab within a week. I will keep you advised.

I am positive that the rehab process will be difficult for him. His muscles are mostly like Jello. Therefore, the word for tomorrow and the next several days will be.... Encouragement!

James has come so far, with continued encouragement, he will be successfully rehabilitated. The process is just going to take time and significant effort. James has promised to give it his all. He admits his all is not really that much just yet, but he knows he will improve and can do it.

Thank you all for your ongoing support. This has been an amazing journey. Stay tuned for the Happy Ending.

Go for it James!

16 comments:

  1. Way to go James! Keep up the good work. See you soon.
    Debbie & Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jimbo!

    Brian Carr and Family
    Sugar Land, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jim! Give it ur ALL!!!! Slow and steady wins the race!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go jim! keep it up and everyone knows you can do and have come so far. Jon Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep at it Jim. Get well soon.

    kevin carr family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go JimTenney!!! Keep up the good work! Happy to hear the continuing good news : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim, I know you and God can do it. He created your body and He knows how to rehabilitate it till you are your fine, fit self again. Never give up. Dr Hintz used to tell our kids "A Hintz never gives up!" You can change that to "A Tenney never gives up!" Go to it!!!

    Barb Hintz

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can do it Jim cant wait till we can all can see ya again. do your best and that will get you though anything!
    my thoughts and prays are with ya mate
    The Berry family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Jimmy go!!!!! Give it your all, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victoria
    The Jimmy I know will give it his all and nothing less! Prayers are flooding your way and God hears everyone. Know that you are loved and cared about. I will see you in two days and spend the weekend. I love you James Tenney and will be there for you always. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Jimmy! Keep up the good work and I look forward to having a conversation with you very soon bud!

    Gary Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news!! As always our thoughts are with you. You've come this far, keep it up!!

    the Carr family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic news! Keep up the FIGHT! You are much stronger than you think and remeber the LORD is with you every step of the way!
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you ALL!
    Douglas & Carolyn Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go Jim,you can do Rehab.you put up with Coach Chrome 3 yrs.Perry Steed

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab..YOU..lous news!!!!!
    Power of prayer....Thanking GOD!
    Stay strong Jim!!! Keep on healing!!!
    Love,
    Susan and Jim Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  16. GO UNCLE JIMMY GO!!! We love you!!

    The CA Gang

    ReplyDelete