Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3/1 Tuesday Evening

Today has been truly amazing.

From Sunday to today, great things have happened for Jimmy. I cannot describe the joy we felt to walk into his room and find him fully awake and trying to communicate. He can't talk because of the trach, but our lip reading skills are improving. The last time I had talked with (not to) my brother was February 5th.

One of the last things I said to my brother before he was sedated and transported to Columbus on 2/5 was "since you can't be at my band gig tonight, you can watch the video later". Jimmy didn't act so sure, his condition was deteriorating quickly. Professional video and audio crews were brought in that night to record a live DVD. The recording had been being planned for months.

During the next hours, it seemed that Jimmy was stable. I was confident Jimmy would have wanted me to play the gig. So I prepared to play. Everything seemed fine until the call from Riverside Hospital, 15 minutes before the first downbeat. From that conversation to today... a true miracle.

Today I got to remind my brother that it won't be too much longer until he watches the concert video!

Thanks to everyone for all the positive thoughts, support and prayers.

Tonight's special request is... Hug someone you love. Good night.

15 comments:

  1. Hugs to you and all of your family, Dave. You are a wonderfully inspirational and incredibly supportive brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today turned into a wonderful day for the entire family. Give everyone, especially James, our love. I talked to dad about bringing mom and him out to see James. They want to once James is in the rehab center and is up to visitors.

    Love,
    Patricia & Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy, just goes to show us how strong he really is. Wonderful news, have been so concerned. What to go Jim, Look forward to seeing you soon, when you are ready for visitors. Prayers still sending your way. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria

    It was one of the greatest feelings in the world to walk in to Jimmy's room Tuesday and find him with open arms. I love you Jim Tenney. Thank you God for the miracle! Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was there I would hug you and Jimmy! It's great to see God's miracles come to pass. We will continue to pray for total recovery and pray for you and your family Dave for strength and support. As Mary Kae stated, you are a wonderful brother and you have been amazing through this all. I spent the entire month of Feb wondering if there was something else I could or should have said on the 4th when I saw him. I'm just glad that now I will get the chance to talk to him again and mention things I wish I had told him before. I hope you take the opportunity to do the same. This experience has taught me to cherish every day with the ones I love. I know you do too.

    Gary Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know Jim personally, I have heard of him from other friends. And I took care of your kids at the Betsy Mills. I also took care of Jim at Marietta Memorial when he first came in. Alot of the nurses on my unit have been praying and thinking of Jim. He was so nice and pleasant while I took care of him. Thank God he is doing better. I pray it continues to be positive for him. He is very blessed to have a family and all the support he has. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. God truly is working a miracle. It is so amazing to keep reading the updates on here and seeing daily how God is healing Jim. I'm praying for you daily Jim to keep getting better. I still remember all the good times we had at Kroger and over the years. You are blessed with a great brother to keep everyone posted on your condition through this blog!


    Matt Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy to hear that Jim is much improved. We only know him through his job at Kroger's. Have sure missed talking with him on Mondays but have inquired each time we go in. We can't wait to see him again and I promise to not "dig" him too much about the Steelers losing the Super Bowl! Thank you, Jim's brother, for putting this blog together and best wishes from the Buntings and Wilsons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so good to be here with Jimmy today and see him breathing on his own. He seems very grateful to know that we have all been caring for him. Thank you all for your prayers and support that brought him through this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow good to hear that Jim is awake and doing well. We have been on this blog everyday to see how he was doing. Tell him that the Wagners and the Marietta church of God is praying for him.


    Mike Wagner and the cincinnati reds youth baseball camp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im glad that Jim is doing better ! worried for a while.. tell him when he's all better he needs to come and do some Crazy Train with Fletch...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What great news! I will continue to pray for Jimmy and his very loving family! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just doing our nightly check-up on you Jimbo. Praise God for caring Dr's and Nurses, and a family that loves you so much. It has been a blessing to be able to check your progress every day. Thank you David. When you are feeling up to company, we would love to see you! Take Care and God Bless all of you!!

    Bob & Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The break’s over Jim. Time to get up and at 'em!

    Brian Carr and Family
    Sugar Land, TX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dave... please tell James to keep on getting better... i am looking forward to seeing and talking to him again. I am so very glad for all of you. Dave Cisler

    ReplyDelete