Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Walking out of OSU 3/31/11

Thursday, March 17, 2011

3/17 Thursday.... Happy St. Patrick's Day!

James has done well with his first day of rehab.

He is scheduled to do Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy each day. He is eating well, and is able to feed himself without much assistance.

Today he learned how to use a wheelchair.  He said he never thought he would ever be in a wheelchair, but agreed for a while it would help build his hand and arm strength (as well as start to give him some independence). He is not going too far yet, but will.

A while ago he told me "I am learning how to walk again!"  After he proudly said it, he told me to make sure to tell everyone.  Today he walked 400 feet, with a person on each side, but without a walker.

He get's really tired from doing just a little, but he is working hard to get stronger.

Keep up the good work Jimmy!

22 comments:

  1. Way to go Jimmy! So proud of you! Take your time and with each day passes things will only get better for you!

    Take Care,
    Scott Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sharing David. It may take a long time, but worth it to get him back where he belongs. Still praying. John & Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~unknown~
    I'm sure that you "feel" this quote!
    Keep up the hard work JimTenney!!
    Great to hear your good news and great to see a picture of you.
    Thinking of you!
    Judy Wurtzbacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture! You can look right into your eyes and see the happy Jim Tenney everyone knows and loves. I've been reading this blog every day and thinking about you. You are quite an inspiration and I am so happy and relieved you are getting well. Many thanks to your brother, Dave, for garnering the power of prayer and positive thoughts toward healing.
    Take care and keep up the great work,
    Becky Peroni (we first became friends at good old WTC/WSCC in the evening)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my Hero! I love you Jimmy I will see you friday.I miss you. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. dave,

    can you give us some idea of what his rehab schedule will be? and for how long?

    kcarr fam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Jim keep it up, we all care and love you here in marietta, just take it one day at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Jim keep up the good work!!!Perry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim... great picture!! I've been following your recovery and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you, keep up the good work old friend.

    Julie Dearth Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear thing's are going so well. Keep up the GOOD WORK JIM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is amazing the journey you have made. So glad to hear that you are getting stronger every day. Keep up the good work and I'll keep praying for you.

    Libby Moore Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been a little while since I've checked in, and saw that awesome pic! So glad to see him awake and alert! Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go Jimbo, You will be home before you know it. Still checking everyday to see how you are doing and keeping you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lookin' pretty, Jim! It's great to see the "victory" symbol.

    Brian Carr family
    Sugar Land, Texas 77479

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picture! You are an inspiration to us all! Keep up the great progress! You can do it! Melinda Crone : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jim, I am Praising God today for what He is doing your life. I continue to pray God's healing touch on your body and pray God's will for your life. As you are recovering seek how you can serve Him. May God bless you!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jim Good to see your personality shinning through, you will be eating Pizza before too long, and chasing nurses too, knowing you! Keep up the positive attitude and look forward to seeing your smiling face in person Soon!

    Dave Wharton

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go Jim go !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There you are!!!!! So happy to hear you're on your way to healed!!!
    Keep up the great work, stay strong and know you are loved!!
    Love and healing thoughts,
    Susan and Jimmy Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  20. James we are so glad to hear you are getting stronger each day. OSU will take good care of you ! Work hard and come home soon.
    Dave & Becky Pritchett

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you today, Jim. So glad when I read this post and that you are fighting and have a positive outlook. My brother went through some of the same things years ago when he had his stroke. They said he would not walk....he is walking and working today and doing well. Thank you Jesus! I give all glory to the Lord for His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete