Today my cousin Andy and I visited James at Dodd Hall in Columbus. It was a good day.
Tonight the top picture is James with his roomate J.R. They have become great friends. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with J.R. today, he is a great guy.
Jimmy continues to do well with his physical, occupational and speech therapy. I became a "certified walker" and became a part of today's new record. James walked 2,000 feet, no walker, while I walked along lightly holding the strap around his chest!
His only defeat during his time at rehab was today. He could not stand on one leg. He eventually threw in the towel. This evening by telephone, he told me he has a plan and is going to pull it off tomorrow.
He is on track with being able to return to Marietta on March 31st. The plan that is being formulated is that James will come to live at my house and will continue to have some sort of therapy that we will take him to (somewhere in Marietta).
James is in good spirits and has made a lot of friends at Dodd Hall (staff and many patients). He goes out of his way to make sure to introduce you to all of his friends, and the people who have done such a great job caring for him.
Family... if you have heard the story of Jimmy's phone conversation with Uncle J.B. please rest comfortably tonight knowing.... J.B. no longer has anything on Jimmy!
James made sure to tell me to give a shout out to EVERYONE tonight. He thanks you all for your concern and support. He is excited to get back to Marietta and hopes to eventually see and talk to you all.
Good night.
Hey JimTenney!!!
ReplyDeleteWe may be neighbors!
Great to hear the continuing good news on your recovery.
Keeping you in my prayers daily.
Judy Wurtzbacher
Jim is donig great! I will see you tomorrow my love. I have a seminair in Columbus Friday so I am going straight to Dodd Hall afterward. I see a huge improvement in his abilities each weekend. I love you Jimmy. Victoria
ReplyDeleteGreat news Jimmy! Jeff and I have been out of town and unable to post comments, but have been in touch with Stephanie and Dave the entire time regarding your progress. We are so proud of you. Stay strong and we will be seeing you soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat news Jim! Looking forward to your return to Marietta...You are in my prayers daily!
ReplyDeleteLooking great Jimmy, picture at the top, looking forward to seeing you back here in Marietta. John and Millie
ReplyDeleteHis progress brings great joy to many! He looks great in the recent picture! Looking forward to seeing Jimmy in Marietta!!! Jill & Bryan
ReplyDeleteKLynne Bell***
ReplyDeleteJimmy my prayers are with you, Keep the physical Therapy going* So excited to hear your coming back to marietta soon: Your doing so well, Keep it up!
WaHoo!!!!!!! It great to hear you are continuing to stay on the recovery road!!! Praying for you EVERY DAY!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Susan Miracle
Right on Jim - we're all pulling for you brother!!
ReplyDeleteJ.Walsh
Jimmy, so glad to hear your home, stay with your physical therapy, My prayers are with you* A special hug comes out to you* KLynne
ReplyDelete